The Liebster Award

The lovely Krystal from Wildflower 3, has nominated me for the  The Liebster Award, which was incredibly sweet of her! Since I'm still new to blogging my first reaction was..'what the hell is a Liebster award?'  and according to my very thorough google searching it is an award that is given by the blogging community to new up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Basically a kind of chain letter but the good kind! Which connects old and upcoming bloggers together.  So by nominating 11 bloggers, their pages will be seen by curious bloggers and hopefully new followers. And let's face it, it's just a bit of fun really!
Upon accepting the award you must follow some rules, as shown below. 

**Here are the details on receiving this award**
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

Step 1-11 things about me!
1. I'm a teeny wee bit obsessed with pugs. 
2. I love taking photographs but i don't want to be a photographer..yet.
3.I'm currently going back to study with a course in Graphic design.
4. I can cook an awesome roast pork belly dish.
5. I'm a terrible baker.
6. I will be travelling to Tasmania for my birthday this year.
7.  I constantly steal my boyfriends iPhone because i am yet to own one (don't fret iPhone world, i will soon!)
8.  I can't stand jeggings.
9.  Currently involved in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie marathon. Damn, kindergarten cop was a good movie.
10.  I Text, a lot.
11.  I LOVE Naan! Especially coming home after too many drinks and heating in up with some butter. SO GOOD.

Step 2- My answers to Krystal's Questions.
1. What's your biggest pet peeve
Hmmm quite a few things irritate me haha but it would probably have to be people chewing food with their mouths open!
2. Name 3 artists currently in your car CD player? Or last 3 music artists you purchased from.
Of Monsters and Men, The Rubens and Mumford and Sons all recently purchased!
3. If you could only eat 1 meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
POTATO!
4. What is your favorite line from a movie?
Ooh this is a hard one. I'd probably go with one of my favourite movies, Bridget Jones's Diary "This is an occasion for genuinely tiny knickers"
5. Congratulations, you just won a billion dollars. What's your first purchase?
Every Canon prime lens i could get my hands on!
6. What's your astrology sign?
Sagittarius.
7. Let's say hypothetically, you're an actor. What character role would you play in any movie?

I would love to play Emma Stone in Crazy, Stupid, Love. I think we all know why ;)
8. What song would you pick to be the theme song of your life? 
I can't think of anything! So creative. First thing that popped into my head was 'hot potato' by the wiggles. Probably because my niece was just here and i also really feel like mash potato.
9. According to your closest family and friends what's your signature/ trade mark (something that you're known for)
Taking hundreds of photos at every family event!
10. what's your most treasured item? (nonliving)
My photo albums
11. What's the best way to embarrass you?
Bad Manners!

Step 3, My 11 Questions to you.
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
2. If you could own any animal what would it be?
3. What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
4. What 4 words would you use to describe yourself?
5. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
6.What is the best and worst about blogging? 
7. Finish this sentence, 'if you want to spoil me rotten, buy me...?
8. What is at the top of your bucket list?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10. What food can you not resist?
11. What is your favourite time of the year and why?

Step 4: My 11 nominated blogs
1. The artistic Corner, a good friend of mine and fellow blogspot lover. She is a very talented designer and photographer.
2. Beautifully Suddenly, Amazing photographer, her post are always so lovely. 
3. Head in the Clouds, is a beautiful crafty little blog with entertaining posts!
4. The Naulus, stumbled upon this blogger and was hooked, So funny! The blogger has a way of writing that always makes you giggle.
5. The quiet lion, another amazing photographer who's posts are stunning series that express story and a great understanding of light. 
6.Rose Runs wild, I'm not actually sure how many followers she has but check her out regardless. A beautiful writer and blogger.
7. Our family dining table, A great blog about food, family and children!
8. Randomly Happy, A fantastic blog with great posts about fashion and styling!
9. Style and Sauce, a well informed and written blog about Fashion! Beautiful posts from a gal in the business, so she knows what she is talking about ;)
10. Expect Cowgirls- A witty, beautiful blog about succeeding in thrift, life and food, food and more food! 
11. Bobby May, Ok so my last one is not a blogspot user but seriously check his work out, you will laugh yourself silly. A dear friend and insanely talented writer :)

  Hope you pass on the love and introduce us to some new and exciting blogs :D
-j xo

9 comments :

  1. thank you for the award! your comment really meant a lot, thank you for making me feel better ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem Kimi, i truly love your photographs. Stay inspired and passionate and follow your dreams!

      Delete
  2. Hello, and thank you so much for nominating me! I'm so glad you think my little blog worthy of this award. I have actually taken part in the Liebster award before so I hope you don't mind if I pass this time? Thank you again, and I will enjoy looking through your other nominations.

    Lois x

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. We have a lot in common... I'm a bit obsessed with pugs too (I have one called Betty - she's the best!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so jealous, i'm yet to own one but i believe my life would be so much better if i did! Not a problem about passing, i'm not surprised that you've been nominated before! Love your blog :)

      Delete
  4. What?!? You aren't a professional photographer, your photos say otherwise :) Lovely learning about you, hope you enjoyed doing this post!

    -Krystal
    Wildflowers3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well I've studied photography but at this point of my life, i'm happy to just take photos for me :) Thanks again for nominating me, this whole process has been a lot of fun! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow - Jessica! Thanks so much for nominating me. Like you, I'd never heard of the award before now, but what a treat that you think little ol' Randomly Happy is worth this award.

    I can completely see why you've been nominated. Great blog. Always like popping by to see what you've been up to.

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena, I can't wait to learn more about the girl behind such a fantastic blog! :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog :) I love hearing from you all and appreciate the time you took to say a few words!
xo